Ma Loute, Slack Bay in the EN version, Highly stylised comedy opposing a family of degenerate and decrepit bourgeoises to a cannibalistic working class one, over a detective story concerning a mysterious disappearing, led by an immensely round shaped policeman.
- inspired casting, the cast’s expressive faces coupled with expansive body language conveys a lot of nonverbal info;
- great limited colour palette, cold - blue, with tinges of warm - yellow
- great comical situations involve exaggerated character traits of the separate groups and arise mostly at their point of contact;
- inspired sound choices complement the movements of the fat policeman (rubbed plastic balloons) and of the hunchbacked aristocrat (squeaking wooden floor)
- Cannes Official Selection